Applications for the CPRS Hamilton Mentorship Program will re-open in the fall. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to express early interest.
About the CPRS Hamilton Mentorship Program
The CPRS Hamilton Mentorship Program is designed with new PR practitioners in mind.
Entering the working world is daunting. Many people experience challenges breaking into their first jobs and navigating a new industry. Or they face obstacles trying to take their careers to the next level.
The good news: you do not have to experience this alone. Every year, strong mentor/mentee relationships are formed through the CPRS Hamilton Mentorship Program. PR students or new practitioners are paired with mid- or senior-level mentors for one-on-one guidance and support. It’s difficult to overstate the value of working closely with someone who has been there, done that, and has learned critical skills related to excelling, improving your practice, and navigating the workforce.
Benefits of the program
Being a Mentee can help you develop personal and professional skills and insights that will help you advance in your career. As a mentee you’ll gain:
- One-on-one pairing with experienced industry professionals to acquire necessary skills and stay updated with the latest trends.
- A network of cross-sector industry experts, expanding your professional connections.
- Personalized learning plans that complement your academic studies.
- Free or heavily subsidized admission to CPRS events.
- Awards and continuous learning opportunities.
- Access to exclusive webinars and training sessions.
Being a Mentor can be a highly rewarding and satisfying experience. Some of the benefits to you include:
- Network of young, dedicated professionals
- Opportunities to connect to CPRS Hamilton community
- Free or heavily subsidised admission to CPRS Hamilton events
- Opportunities to share expertise on a national platform (webinars)
- Opportunities to share support and guidance with junior practitioners in the PR field
- Increased recognition from your peers and professional society for your contributions to our profession.
What is the commitment?
As a member of the CPRS Hamilton Mentorship Program, you will make a seven-month commitment (October 2023 to April 2024) to building a two-way relationship and staying connected.
Together, you will develop a set of goals based on your individual needs and interests and set out a path for how you’ll achieve those goals.
The mentorship committee will provide you with interactive and learning-based event programming and support to help build your relationship.
Important: Mentees and mentors are expected to attend the majority of mentorship events.
All mentees must attend the mentorship orientation event in October.
You are committing to join not only a program – but a professional community of other mentees and mentors, in which contribution and active participation is a requirement. You’ll find that the greater the involvement, the better the experience and learning!
How can I join?
Applications for the 2023-2024 program year will open in September 2023.
The program is open to CPRS Hamilton members only. Please visit the CPRS Hamilton Membership page for membership benefits and fees.
If you are a student or new graduate interested in the program that is facing a financial barrier to membership, please contact email@example.com to discuss possible options.
How do I become a mentor?
Mid- to senior-level practitioners looking to give back to the PR community are invited to join the Mentorship Program as a volunteer mentor. To learn more contact firstname.lastname@example.org.